WELCOME TO WONDERFUL WOMEN!

WONDERFUL WOMEN ARE ADMIRED, TRUSTED, AND RESPECTED. WE CAN INSPIRE, LOVE, EDUCATE, AND MOTIVATE, BUT IT'S NOT ALWAYS EASY. WONDERFUL WOMEN IS A PLACE WHERE WOMEN CAN COME TO EXPLORE, EXPRESS, AND DISCOVER NEW WAYS TO DEAL WITH THOSE EVERYDAY STRUGGLES THAT MAY HOLD SOME OF US BACK FROM BECOMING THAT "WONDERFUL WOMEN" WE ALL STRIVE TO BE.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's Your Passion? "Ummm".............

If someone asks you "What is your passion?", could you answer it?  Most of us would answer "I'm not sure."  We have become so busy with day to day responsibilities that we have become strangers to our passion.  Don't get me wrong, some of us have figured it out and have gone on to pursue their life's passion, but most of us are still searching for that passion or have simply given up on it.  

I was helping my son with homework the other day and when we were finished I ask him, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and he quickly gave me two answers, he than asked me the same, "Mommy, what do you wanna be?" "Ummm"......., was my answer.  I finally told him "I don't know, sweetie."  I found myself wondering all night what really excited me about life.  If I could be anything, if there were no limitations or obstacles, what would I be?  A simple question from my son inspired me to reflect more on my passion that I had basically given up on.

Too many of us don't follow our passion because we let the possibility of failure stop us before we even try.  How will I ever know if things are possible if I don't put myself out there?  I have to be more proactive, and turn my passion (whatever it may be) into something productive and meaningful.  Everyone has something they are good or great at. Some people don't know what their niche is yet, but finding what you are passionate about can't be as hard as it seems.  I plan on taking as long as I need to find my passion because I know it's not going to come to mind right away, but I know I will find it.   

Here is a great exercise I would like to share with you Wonderful Women who may need help in deciding where your passion may lie and what direction to go in.  
Write down your answers and look for a common theme.  Your passion might be so obvious that it jumps right off the paper and it may not.  I'm gonna give it a try as well and hopefully something will jump off the page for me! 

1. What do you love about yourself?
2. What did you want to be when you were a child?
3. If money were no object, what would you want to do?
4. What do you daydream about or think about during downtime?
5. How do others perceive you? 
6. List 5 things you really enjoy doing and list 5 things you're really good at.
7. Name 1 thing you've always dreamed about doing but never told anyone about. 


Take a risk, and step out to try something new. By challenging your fear with action, you'll not only raise your self-esteem, you'll expand your comfort zone. And, if you try something new (even if you're not sure of the outcome), you may discover a passionate interest by accident!  Let's go, don't give up on your passion Wonderful Women, we've pushed it aside for too long now!

No comments: